DMCA Copyright Policy
Last updated: October 1, 2022
Green Screen Memes (“Company”) has adopted the following general policy toward copyright infringement in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). The address of the Designated Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement (“Designated Agent”) is listed at the end of this policy.
Procedure for Reporting Copyright Infringement:
If you believe that material or content residing on or accessible through Company’s websites or services infringes a copyright, please send a notice of copyright infringement containing the following information to the Designated Agent listed below:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that has been allegedly infringed;
- Identification of works or materials being infringed;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing including information regarding the location of the infringing materials that the copyright owner seeks to have removed, with sufficient detail so that Company is capable of finding and verifying its existence;
- Contact information about the notifier including address, telephone number, and, if available, e-mail address;
- A statement that the notifier has a good faith belief that the material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement made under penalty of perjury that the information provided is accurate and the notifying party is authorized to make the complaint on behalf of the copyright owner.
Procedure to Deliver Counter-Notice:
If any user believes any material removed is either not infringing or that such user has the right to post and use such material from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or pursuant to the law, the user must send a counter-notice containing the following information to the Designated Agent listed below:
- A physical or electronic signature of the user;
- Identification of the material that has been removed and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed;
- A statement that the user has a good faith belief that the material was removed as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the material; and
- The user’s name, address, telephone number, and, if available, e-mail address and a statement that such person or entity consents to the jurisdiction of the Federal Court for the judicial district in which the user’s address is located, or if the user’s address is located outside the United States, for any judicial district in which Company is located, and that such person or entity will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
If a counter-notice is received by the Designated Agent, Company will forward a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that Company may restore the removed material within 10 days. The original complaining party will then have 10 days to notify us that he or she has filed legal action relating to the allegedly infringing material. If Company does not receive any such notification within 10 days, we may restore the material, at our discretion.
It is essential to understand that we are not your lawyers and cannot give you advice or represent you in any way. By using Green Screen Memes’ services, you acknowledge that you are bound by the terms and conditions and are wholly responsible for your own actions. Should you find yourself in receipt of a DMCA notice or be accused of infringing someone’s copyright, you should act accordingly or seek legal counsel of your own accord.
In accordance with our terms and conditions, we reserve the right to remove content without notice for any reason we see fit.
Learn More About DMCA:
For more information on DMCA, refer to the following:
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act on Wikipedia
- Official DMCA Legislation Document
- Chilling Effects on DMCA
Designated Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement:
Please contact the Designated Agent for Company at [email protected].